TERMS & CONDITIONS
a. Places can only be reserved by submitting a completed booking form and making a 25% deposit. All balances must be paid 6 weeks prior to the commencement of the course – failure to do so may result in loss of deposit and reservation. If booking is made within 6 weeks prior to the commencement of the activity, the whole fee must be paid upon booking. Places may be provisionally booked but will only be held for 5 days.
b. All bookings will be confirmed by email. Confirmation paperwork will include a copy of the course/trip details, and equipment advice if applicable. Payment by BACs transfer or online payment system is preferred.
c. Sea Kayak Argyll & Bute reserve the right to use suitably qualified coaches, leaders and guides to provide their activities.
2. Amendments by the customer.
a. Substitution of the original customer for another may be made, provided the substituting customer satisfies the requirements of the activity and a new booking form is signed and submitted.
b. A customer may change a course/trip or dates if agreed by Sea Kayak Argyll & Bute up to 6 weeks prior to commencement subject to an administrative charge if this leads to non-recoverable expenses for Sea Kayak Argyll & Bute.
c. Any request to change course or dates within the 6 week period will be dealt with under the terms and conditions relating to cancellation by the customer.
3. Cancellation by the Customer. All cancellations must be in writing and acknowledged by Sea Kayak Argyll & Bute. Any refund after 6 weeks prior to the commencement of the course/trip date will be at the discretion of Sea Kayak Argyll & Bute and will only be made if your place is re-sold and filled.
4. Amendments and Cancellation by the Sea Kayak Argyll & Bute.
a. Whilst every attempt is made to ensure that the course/trip takes place as advertised, Sea Kayak Argyll & Bute will notify the customer of a cancellation as soon as practicable, where on reasonable grounds it believes that cancellation is necessary due to dangerous and/or unsuitable conditions for the course/trip or activity.
b. Customers accept they should have the fitness and competence commensurate with their chosen course/trip or activity. If in the opinion of Sea Kayak Argyll & Bute staff your fitness or competence level may compromise the safety of the trip we reserve the right to cancel or terminate your course/trip or activity. If in doubt please discuss your health and competency prior to booking. If you are affected by a medical condition which may affect you or other people’s safety or enjoyment of the course/trip, you must advise this at the time of booking.
c. Sea Kayak Argyll & Bute will notify the customer of the cancellation not less than 2 weeks prior to the commencement of the course/trip or activity where numbers as a result of either customer(s) cancellation or booked numbers have failed to reach a workable minimum.
d. Sea kayaking is weather dependant. In the event that the weather is unsuitable, Sea Kayak Argyll & Bute will provide suitable safe alternatives such as use of sheltered waters in harbours, lochs or rivers. In particular, customers accept that the itinerary stated in the trip details is indicative only and not a guarantee that a particular route will be followed or place reached.
e. We endeavour to select the best locations for the activity. In the event of force majeure (unusual and unforeseen circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which are unavoidable e.g. strike, riot, natural disaster, act of war or terrorism) and Sea Kayak Argyll & Bute is forced to cancel or curtail a course or trip we will endeavour to provide a suitable alternative, but we cannot pay compensation or accept liability for the return of fees or expenses.
f. In the event of cancellation by Sea Kayak Argyll & Bute for administrative reasons customers will be offered the choice of the following options: Full refund of all fees and deposit / another booking on a different date or course/trip or Sea Kayak Argyll & Bute Gift Vouchers to the value of 100% of the course/trip or activity value.
g. If you leave the course/trip or activity or undertake independent activity during the trip Sea Kayak Argyll & Bute are not responsible for your actions or safety.
h. The final choice of venue and decision to operate is based on the experience of our staff.
a. Sea Kayak Argyll & Bute is covered to the sum of £10,000,000 for public liability. Sea Kayak Argyll & Bute advises that customers acquire insurance for cancellation and curtailment and loss / damage of personal belongings and equipment for all courses and trips.
b. It is a condition of booking for all expeditions that you are covered by adequate insurance for the duration of the itinerary and for the activities undertaken. The insurance must include cover for medical and emergency expenses (including repatriation), personal accident, injury and death. In the event of emergency medical expenses the responsibility of such costs will be borne by the customer. It is also recommended that you have insurance cover to the value of any personal or loaned equipment and boats.
6. Your safety.
a. Any participant under the influence of drugs or alcohol will not be able to take part in activities. We reserve the right to exclude any participant for safety reasons at any time; no refund will be given.
b. All specialist equipment required for the activity may be supplied by us. Personal protective equipment supplied must be worn when requested by the instructor. All activities are fully risk assessed and insured, copies are available on request. A comprehensive group safety kit including first aid, flares, mobile phone and VHF radio is available at all times. If you borrow or hire sea kayaks or equipment from us, you must return it in the same condition. You may be held liable for the repair, recovery or replacement of any breakages or losses of our equipment. If you use your own equipment, it must be in date and fit for purpose: we may refuse to undertake an activity if your equipment is substandard.
c. Sea Kayak Argyll & Bute are not liable for any loss or damage to your personal equipment.
7. Under 18s. Sea Kayak Argyll & Bute does not work with unaccompanied children under 18 years of age. Accompanied children over 16 may participate in sea kayaking. Accompanied younger children may also participate in walking, climbing and canoeing activities at the discretion of the staff. Please discuss your requirements before booking.
8. Data Protection. We will not sell or give out your personal details or e-mail address to any other party without your permission. We may contact you to keep you informed of other courses and events.
9. Personal belongings. Sea Kayak Argyll & Bute cannot be held responsible for personal belongings and equipment. Items stored in our vehicles or with our staff is at your own risk. If you take valuables on our activities e.g. jewellery, watches, glasses, non-waterproof cameras etc, or choose to use your own kayaks and equipment, you do so at your own risk. It is recommended that you have insurance to cover your personal equipment.
10. General. Any information provided by Sea Kayaking Argyll & Bute on such matters as climate, clothing, equipment etc is given in good faith but without responsibility on the part of Sea Kayak Argyll & Bute.
11. Acceptance of risk. There will always be some risk in the adventure activities that we offer. Some of these risks might contribute to the loss or damage of your personal clothing/equipment, feelings of discomfort, fear, apprehension, or even accidental injury, illness, or trauma which in extreme but thankfully very rare cases, can be very serious. Whilst we will endeavour to minimise risk and incident, all kayaking, canoeing, walking, mountain biking and climbing activities are undertaken at your own risk. You must discuss any concerns you have with your guide/ coach at the earliest opportunity.
12. Complaints and feedback.
a. If you have a complaint about the course/trip or activity, you should make it known to the leader at the earliest opportunity. If you feel the complaint has not been properly dealt with Sea Kayaking Argyll & Bute will endeavour to agree a settlement with you. Any outstanding complaint not resolved during the course/trip should be notified to us in writing within 30 days of the scheduled end of the course/trip.
b. Sea Kayak Argyll & Bute strives to enable its customers to get as much enjoyment from sea kayaking and outdoor adventure activites as we get from it ourselves. We welcome feedback, and seek your comments and suggestions verbally, in writing, or electronically – via the website, blog, Facebook or Twitter. We are always interested to see any photographs you may take and will make any photographs or video we take freely available to you.
13. Copyright. Site design, text, graphics, files and all other content are ©Sea Kayak Argyll & Bute, all rights reserved. Any other use of materials on this site, including reproduction for purposes other than those noted above, modification, distribution, or republication, without prior written permission from Sea Kayak Argyll & Bute is strictly prohibited.
14. Disclaimer. The information, services, products and materials available on this website, including, without limitation, text, graphics and links, are provided on an ‘as is’ basis without warranty. This site may contain links to other sites on the Internet that are owned and operated by third party vendors and other third parties. You acknowledge that Sea Kayak Argyll & Bute is not responsible for the availability of, or the content located on or through, any external site. You should contact the site administrator or webmaster for those external sites if you have any concerns regarding such links or the content located on such external sites.
15. Limited liability. Under no circumstances shall Sea Kayak Argyll & Bute be liable for any direct, indirect, special, punitive, incidental, exemplary, or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever, arising out of or in connection with the use, inability to use, or performance of the information, services, products and materials available on this site.